Monday, 30 June 2014
Ofcom have announced that there is an impending shortage of UK geographical telephone numbers and as such they are taking steps to alleviate the problem.
From 1 October 2014, callers in Aberdeen (01224), Bradford (01274), Brighton (01273), Middlesbrough (01642) and Milton Keynes (01908) will need to include their area code in front of any local number they dial. For more information on this change, please see the statement from Ofcom at this link.
Monday, 23 June 2014
However, most ISP's have a standard set of instructions which need to be carried out before any other and more detailed fault analasys is performed. In order to save time, simply follow this set of instructions BEFORE contacting your ISP, as they will only ask you to do these things anyway, and you never know, it might just fix the problem for you without having tp speak to them!!!
- Connect a single analogue telephone to the BT master socket and carry out a quiet line test; dial 17070 and choose quiet from the options available. You should hear no noise on the line at all.
If the quiet line test is passed...
- Connect the modem/router directly to the BT master socket for the premises.
- Disconnect all other telecom devices from the line sockets, so only the modem/router is connected.
- Reboot the router once to force a re-sync. (Do not be tempted to reboot the router repeatedly, as this will be interpreted by the BT DSLAM as line instability whereby the BRAS profile will be auto-limited for 72 hours.)
- Please replace the modem/router with a new or ‘known good’ alternative and retest as per steps 2 and 3.
Friday, 13 June 2014
Last month we decided to start a competition - a free prize draw to win a Google Nexus Tablet device, and all you had to do to enter was to like our Facebook page, share the post and also comment on it.
The competition was a massive success and meant that lots of new people were made aware of CCS (Leeds) and what we do.
Therefore, we have decided to run another competition this month with a chance for one lucky winner to bag themselves an Asus X102BA Touch laptop worth nearly £300!!
So, with that in mind why not head over to our Facebook page and enter? It's completely free and there are no catches at all, so what are you waiting for?