However, most ISP's have a standard set of instructions which need to be carried out before any other and more detailed fault analasys is performed. In order to save time, simply follow this set of instructions BEFORE contacting your ISP, as they will only ask you to do these things anyway, and you never know, it might just fix the problem for you without having tp speak to them!!!
- Connect a single analogue telephone to the BT master socket and carry out a quiet line test; dial 17070 and choose quiet from the options available. You should hear no noise on the line at all.
If the quiet line test is passed...
- Connect the modem/router directly to the BT master socket for the premises.
- Disconnect all other telecom devices from the line sockets, so only the modem/router is connected.
- Reboot the router once to force a re-sync. (Do not be tempted to reboot the router repeatedly, as this will be interpreted by the BT DSLAM as line instability whereby the BRAS profile will be auto-limited for 72 hours.)
- Please replace the modem/router with a new or ‘known good’ alternative and retest as per steps 2 and 3.